Terms & Conditions
Detailed Description of Products and Services
Products and services provided by KnowMore to financial planners and support staff in South Africa include the provision of business management services, on-line training courses, the granting of access to workshops and seminars, articles and newsletters that are relevant to the financial services industry.
The supply of products or services is subject to availability.
Who you are contracting with:
The Trademark KnowMore and www.knowmore.co.za (the “Website”), is owned by Old Mutual Wealth (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2011/134187/07 and operated via its subsidiary, Old Mutual Wealth Services Company (Pty ) Ltd. (“Old Mutual Wealth“).
Any reference to the “Website” or “KnowMore” in these terms and conditions (T’s & C’s) refers Old Mutual Wealth Services Company (Pty) Ltd, the party with whom you contract.
Visitors to the Website, including those users who purchase any products or services on the Website (“Users” or “you“), agree to be bound by these T’s & C’s. If you do not agree to these T’s & C’s, please do not continue using the Website. Your continued use of the Website will constitute acceptance of these T’s & C’s.
Where applicable, the price of each product or service is displayed with the product or service listing. In the event of a sale or special offer, the discounted price will be displayed. All payments by users shall be made to KnowMore in South African Rand (ZAR). KnowMore may change the prices at any time prior to (but not after) acceptance of your order.
Value Added Tax (“VAT”)
VAT at the prevailing rate is charged on goods bought by South African residents. VAT at a rate of 0% (or such other rate as may be prescribed by legislation from time to time) is charged on products and services bought by non-South African residents.
Where applicable, the correct price for the products or services is as listed on the website from time to time. Whilst every effort is taken to ensure that the correct price is reflected on other documentation, KnowMore shall not be obliged to sell products reflected at incorrect prices elsewhere. KnowMore shall only be liable to refund monies paid should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the price reflected on the website. Refund of monies will be subject to the refund policy in these T’s & C’s.
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard credit cards or via Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT“). When using a credit card to pay for your order, you warrant that the card being used is yours and you indemnify KnowMore form any claims in this regard.
If paying by credit card, KnowMore will confirm receipt of your order by an acknowledgement displayed onscreen. Once your payment details have been verified and accepted, KnowMore will send you an e-mail containing your invoice to the e-mail address you provide in your order details.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
If paying by EFT, payment must be received in the KnowMore bank account before your order can be confirmed. On receipt of the payment, an e-mail confirming your order and containing your invoice will be sent to the e-mail address you provide in your order details. If you do not receive an email confirming your order, it is your obligation to inform KnowMore accordingly.
Credit Card Acquiring and Security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for KnowMore via Sage Pay (Proprietary) Limited (“Sage Pay”). The description on the client statement will reflect a debit by Sage Pay and not KnowMore. Sage Pay uses the strictest form of encryption and no credit card details are stored on the Sage Pay website. The Users may go to www.sagepay.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer Details Separate From Card Details
Customer details will be stored by KnowMore separately from card details which are entered by the client on Sage Pay’s secure site. For more detail on Sage Pay, refer to www.sagepay.co.za.
Merchant Outlet Country and Transaction Currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
KnowMore may make electronic vouchers available to practices that have entered into agreements with Old Mutual Wealth for specific products and services in line with the requirements of such agreements. KnowMore may also, from time to time, make electronic promotional vouchers available on the Website (collectively referred to as “Vouchers“).
Vouchers can only be redeemed –
- while they are valid; their validity being unable to be extended
- on the Website towards the purchase of KnowMore products listed on the Website.
Vouchers cannot be –
- exchanged for cash; or
- transferred or assigned to any other party, unless agreed to by Old Mutual Wealth.
Promotional Vouchers are issued electronically at KnowMore’s own discretion. Users do not have a right to promotional Vouchers and promotional Vouchers cannot be earned.
Promotional Vouchers are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific promotional Voucher itself –
- a promotional Voucher can only be used with promotional offers on the Website;
- only one promotional Voucher can be used per shopping basket; and
- the value of the promotional Voucher will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- Registrations cancelled in writing before the closing date of registrations for courses, workshops or seminars will qualify for a refund of the payment made, but will be liable for a 10% cancellation fee (inclusive of VAT).
- Registrations may not be cancelled after the closing date of registrations and Users will be liable for the full fee.
- KnowMore reserves the right to cancel the course, workshops or seminar if there is insufficient demand. In this case, Users will receive a full refund.
A legally binding agreement between yourself and KnowMore is created at the point of our acceptance of your order.
Your order, which represents an offer to KnowMore to purchase the products or services, will be accepted once:
– You electronically submit a properly completed order for one or more products or services; and
– Your payment has been accepted, and
– KnowMore sent you an email confirming your acceptance of offer.
KnowMore reserves the right to decline your order, at any time prior to sending you an email confirming our acceptance of your offer. KnowMore will not be liable to you or anyone else in such circumstances.
Changes to Agreement
KnowMore may change these T’s & C’s or any part thereof at any time with or without notice to you. It is at all times your responsibility to visit the Website to see whether these T’s & C’s have been amended and to ensure that you are satisfied with such amendments to these T’s & C’s. Should you not be satisfied with the amendments to these T’s & C’s, you agree to refrain from placing any further orders on, or from using the Website in any way.
Termination of Agreement
Due to the nature of the products or services being offered, once you and KnowMore have concluded a binding agreement in relation to any products or services made available through the Website, both parties will be bound to such binding agreement until such time as both parties have completed their respective obligations as provided for under such binding agreement. All remedies in relation to the products or services shall be determined in accordance with such binding agreement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore governed by South African law and, subject to the “Disputes” clause of these T’s & C’s, you and KnowMore submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Save for urgent or interim relief which may be granted by a competent court, in the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between you and KnowMore on any matter provided for in, or arising out of these T’s & C’s, and not resolved through the person in charge of KnowMore, then such a dispute shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Cape Town in English.
Address for Delivery of Important Documents and Communications
KnowMore chooses as its domicile address for all purposes under these T’s & C’s, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents, the following address: Old Mutual Wealth Services Company (Pty) Ltd, Mutual Park, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands, 7405, South Africa. Attention: Head of Compliance, Shabnam Sablay-Parker.
You choose as your domicile address for all purposes under these T’s & C’s as reflected on your order form.
All communications of an operational nature or in relation to which you require assistance with regard to the Website or the products or services must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Term and Termination
These T’s & C’s, as amended by KnowMore from time to time, shall commence from the date on which they are published on the Website and continue indefinitely. KnowMore shall, at its own discretion, be entitled to terminate these T’s & C’s or shut down the Website at any time.
Termination of Services
Without prejudice to you, KnowMore may cancel any one or more of your orders if you breach any of your obligations in terms of these T’s & C’s and KnowMore may refuse to accept any further orders from you.
When you visit the Website or send e-mails to KnowMore, you consent to receiving electronic communications from KnowMore and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by KnowMore satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited to the requirement that such agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications should be “in writing”.
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act states that when we offer products or services by way of certain electronic transactions, we must make the following information about us available to you:
Full name of Owner: Old Mutual Wealth (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2011/134187/07.
Main business of Owner: Old Mutual Wealth (Pty) Ltd, via its subsidiary Old Mutual Wealth Services Company (Pty) Ltd, is a wealth management business, aimed at providing financial planners and their clients with a full suite of investment solutions. Products and services provided through KnowMore, include the provision of business management services, on-line training courses, granting of access to workshops and seminars, articles and newsletters aimed at financial planners, support staff and their practices within the financial services industry in South Africa.
Physical Address: Mutual Park, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands, 7405, South Africa.
Postal Address: P O Box 207, Cape Town, 8000
Contact telephone number: +27 21 524 4668
Email address: email@example.com
Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed from such person in the event that KnowMore suffers any damage or loss.
You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall:
- be used for your personal use only; and
- not be disclosed to any third party.
You allow KnowMore to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Website and any back-office applications.
Spiders and Crawlers
No person, business or Website may use any technology to search and gain any information from this Website without the prior written permission of KnowMore. Such permission could be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
No person, business or Website may link to any page on this Website without the prior written permission of KnowMore. Such permission could be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
Hyperlinks provided on this Website to non-KnowMore sites are provided on an ‘as is’ basis and KnowMore does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on the web pages in respect of such hyperlinks.
No person, business or Website may frame this site or any of the pages on this Website in any way whatsoever.
- The content of the courses, workshops, seminars, business management services and associated material are presented in English. Where applicable, assignments by Users required for assessment purposes should be written in English. This includes participation on the discussion forum.
- The User forum, which forms part of the courses, is provided to allow participants to interact and network. Participation in the forum is encouraged but is not compulsory.
- KnowMore is not responsible for material hosted and held on referred sites. Content on external sites are outside of KnowMore’s control and may change without KnowMore’s knowledge. In the event of technical difficulties experienced on external sites, Users are required to contact the support services of the relevant external websites themselves.
- In some instances (i.e. courses) Users may be requested to watch videos as part of the course material. Such videos will cover the content in the material and it is not compulsory that Users view these videos. Users will be required to install Adobe Flash Player to view such videos. Users with slow internet connections should note that they may find it difficult to view such videos.
- The course coordinators will assist you throughout the courses and Users may contact the course coordinators by email. You will receive regular updates on upcoming modules and assignment requirements throughout the course. The course coordinator will also post discussion points on the forum. The course coordinators may be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to access and participate effectively on the KnowMore Website, Users must have access to a computer and the internet.
The following assessment criteria apply to the KnowMore online courses:
- In each course there are various modules that contribute towards the total mark that will be allocated on completion of a course. In order to receive a certificate of successful completion, 60% or more has to be achieved for the course. There may be instances where a higher percentage is stipulated as a minimum pass rate for the course or specific modules.
- The course assignments will take the form of a quiz or a written assignment.
- The marks awarded for the assignments are final and KnowMore will not entertain any discussions in this regard.
- Late submissions of assignments, where applicable, are not accepted and the relevant marks will be forfeited. This will affect the final results and could mean that the participant does not qualify for a certificate of completion.
- In the event of illness or an emergency that prevents a participant from completing the assignment by the due date, exceptions may be considered.
Users who have paid in full for a course, workshop or seminar may, before the commencement date of such course, workshop or seminar, request in writing that their participation therein be deferred to the next scheduled presentation of such course, workshop or seminar. KnowMore does not guarantee that future courses, workshops or seminars will be held. Users who choose to delay their participation in a course, workshop or seminar, do so at their own risk and will not receive any refund to payment received for such course, workshop or seminar.
Terms and Conditions pertaining to KnowMore membership
When purchasing any product or service from KnowMore, Users agree that:
- They will be irrevocably bound by the T’s & C’s applicable to the use of this Website and agrees to indemnify KnowMore in the event that they breach these T’s & C’s;
- They will provide full and accurate information;
- Registration is for a single User and a User’s username and password cannot be shared with any other person;
- A single username and password cannot be used to allow multiple access to other Users over a network;
- They will not use the Website to collect, harvest or otherwise obtain personal information relating to other Users or members;
- They will not post or transmit any commercial, advertising, or promotional materials on the Website;
- They will not post any material that infringes upon any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right.
KnowMore does not represent that all content, materials, and services on this Website are appropriate or available for use in all geographic locations, especially some locations outside of the Republic of South Africa. Users who do access content, materials, and services from such locations act on their own initiative and KnowMore accepts no liability for compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.